Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Classic Children's Books

This past weekend I was in Boston with my husband visiting our oldest daughter. 
One tourist place recommended to us by a friendly Bostonian was the Boston Public Gardens.
(Don't you love the enthusiastic team spirit of the Red Sox fans, 
cheering their team on in the World Series?)
Because of this book:
I felt like I knew this beautiful park.
Robert McCloskey was 28 when he won a Caldecott for "Make Way for Ducklings" and this book is listed by the School Library Journal as a "Top 100 Picture Books"

If you enjoy this author or want to learn a little more about this book, here is a fun link to listen to him as he reminisces about "Make Way for Ducklings."
Another of Robert McCloskey's books is Blueberries for Sal.  I read it to my children often when they were growing up.  
Have you read these books?  If not, you really should.  



Happy reading!
xoxo Grandma

No comments: