Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Giraffe Shirt


On Monday, I showed you this outfit  which I made for my granddaughter based on the theme, "Put Me in the Zoo."  Today, I thought I'd show you the shirt I created for my oldest grandson based on that same theme - I didn't want little Miss's big brother to not have a little love from his Grandma too.  

I'm going to warn you right now, this energetic boy was one of the hardest children I have ever tried to photograph!  

Inspiration:  Wild Animals Baby quilt
Fabric:  two running shirts, refashioned into one white tee-shirt and a little fleece left-over from making my Wild Animals quilt.
Accent:  golden yellow embroidery floss for the giraffe's mane - hand sewn & knotted
Pattern:  my own creation

My grandson just wanted me to chase him all around my backyard. Imagine a boy doing that!

After dinner, he was sitting on my couch with this book called "My Play CD Book Animal Songbook" - yes, in case you're wondering, I recommend this book, if you can find one.

He was so focused on the book that he didn't even notice that I was taking a few photos of him. Such a sneaky grandmother!

If you look really carefully, right near the nose of the giraffe, you'll also notice that he's wearing a little barbecue sauce from his dinner.  Yup, that's my boy!  xoxo Grandma

No comments: