Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Floral Sundress - Toddler Size


This turquoise floral sundress is one of the first refashions I ever made for my grandchildren. It was refashioned from one of my old dresses.  So why did it take me so long to post this? Without these little ones close by, and foolishly not asking for enough measurements, I've had to wait for a full year to see this on my oldest granddaughter - luckily children grow.

I got the idea for this sundress from Mini Boden (an upscale manufacturer of British Style clothing).  I read a post over at Frances Suzannes blog HERE, showing how to make a knock-off skirt from this company.  I thought a sundress would be a fun twist on this project. With a sundress, you don't need to find a shirt to match. Plus, it's an easy article of clothing for a child to dress themselves in. Truthfully, all those flowers took a long time to add to the skirt, but look how cute it turned out!



 

Here's to sunny days and lots of playing! 
-xoxo Grandma

Linked:  Nap-time Creations, Creating My Way to Success, Simple Simon, 2 Crochet Hooks, Project Run and Play, The Dedicated House

No comments: