Most children love helping with craft projects. So, this summer, make a fairy hammock with your child out of twigs and a few other supplies you may already have.
- Leather cord
- Netting about 8" long
- Twigs (Cut 2 sticks that have a "V" shape. The sticks need to be cut to the same length.) 1 stick that's for the cradle base.
- Super glue
1. Make a slip knot at the end of the leather cording. Attach to the end of the cradle base twig. Pull the end tight.
2. Wrap the leather around the base and the legs, creating an "X" as you wrap.
3. Repeat step 2 to attach the twig onto the other legs.
4. When finished wrapping the leather cord, your hammock base will look like the first photo.
5. Bunch the netting with your fingers and tie it onto both sides of the top portion of the cradle bases.
6. Add a drop of super glue to all the joints and around the netting. Let dry.
7. Once completed, your fairy hammock should look like this:
Time to sing a little rock-a-bye song for some little imaginary garden friends as your child plays outside. xoxo Grandma
Part of this post was originally shared as "Fairy Fun" with Nap Time Creations.
READ THESE POSTS:
A Fairy Cottage:
Fairy Named Locations HERE