Monday, June 3, 2019

"Camp Grandma" a Unique Book


A newly published book about ways to turn time with your grandchildren into fun, creative learning activities is "Camp Grandma Next-Generation Grandparenting - Beyond Babysitting" by Marianne Waggoner Day.

The author of this new book, Marianne Waggoner Day, use to be an executive for a large commercial real estate company. After she retired from her job, using her executive skills, she put together a creative yet educational way to spend time with her grandchildren. Instead of just "babysitting" her four grandchildren, she organized her time with them and began to teach them useful life skills.


The week before these four grandchildren moved back from living in Japan for five years, I finished reading this new book. Since these cuties have been visiting us, I've been very, very busy! I've already started to incorporate a couple of these ideas with the older two grandchildren who are 7 and 5 years-old. They're meeting a lot of our friends and I appreciated the idea of teaching my grandchildren how to politely meet our friends and neighbors. This book is a unique tool for grandparents that live near their grandchildren and often babysit while their parents are working. Sadly, that's not me but I did gleam a lot of great ideas to use with my grandchildren when I get the privilege of spending time with them.

At the end of this month, my 13 grandchildren, children and their spouses will get together for our first family reunion in five years. One of the ideas I read about in the chapter,"The Ancestor Within," will be used at this reunion. I'm excited to see their reaction as they learn about some of their ancestors who have passed away and were important to my husband and myself.

Grab a copy of this book if you too want to learn more techniques in being a better grandparent. It's a quick read and I bet you'll gleam something from it too.

xoxo Grandma

I received an Advance Reader Copy of this new book for my review.
You can find this book from Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Target.



You also might like reading this post called, "20 Tips For Long Distance Grandparents".

.

1 comment:

XOXOGrandma said...

I am trying to print the nightgown pattern for the American Girl Doll made from the fleece blanket you have available on Pinterest and Etsy. I can’t do it. Can you help me. My email is DeedeeBoZ@aol.com. Thanks. I really want to
Make this.