Monday, April 22, 2013

Wild Animals Quilt

Here's the WILD quilt I designed and put together.  The inspiration for this quilt was the crazy bold orange-yellow fabric I used to make my tropical birds and to border this quilt with.  This fabric was given to me by my nephew who brought it from Ghana. All the animals live in Africa.  The border fabric is soft burgundy fleece.  Mr. Giraffe has a hand stitched yarn mane and tail made from yarn.  Mr. Alligator has large white rick rack teeth that are quite fierce but he's a super softy because his scaly skin is made out of Minky.
I can still hear my college design teacher saying, 
"You must have repetition of color, pattern and texture". 
YES, it's all there.  
Happy to accept custom orders.  
Or you can order any of the quilts you see on this site.
Just leave me a message & I'll get back to you.
Post a Comment