Thursday, January 30, 2014

Backpack Fit for A Doll


Recently I purchased some new pillowcases that came in this fancy little bag. Of course, I had to come up with a way to use it. We can't let things like this go to waste, you know! 



So, I decided to turn the pouch into a doll accessory. It seemed to be the perfect size for a backpack for an 18" doll like an American Girl doll.  So, that is exactly what I created.  I was able to make two of these little backpacks in under an hour.  

If you want to make a "doll sized" backpack, follow these steps or you can download the instructions here:  If you don't have a bag like the one I started with, you can take a piece of fabric 12" x 9" per bag,  sew the fabric together so that it's 6" x 9". Now proceed to step one below.



Now the fun part, leave your backpack plain or add a heart or another embellishment. Which do you choose?  xoxo Grandma

No comments: