Monday, January 20, 2014

Movie Inspired "Catching Fire" Outfit


This photo happens to be my inspiration for this weeks play-along outfit for Project Run and Play's "Night at the Movies" theme. Featured on the left is Peeta from "The Hunger Games" series, movie number two, "Catching Fire" played by Josh Hutcherson. The scene  (in case you haven't seen it) is from the segment where he and Katness Everdeen are on their victory tour. I really, really enjoyed these books and equally enjoyed the two movies. So here's to sewing a practical little boy look.

I wanted to create an outfit for my grandson that he would actually wear more than a few hours on Sunday to church. To create this look, I refashioned two different shirts. Here's the shirts before I cut them up:
For the skinny jeans, I found this free pattern from Titchy Threads in a size 2T, which was almost the perfect size for my grandson.  For his pants, I refashioned some wide legged jeans. 

The hardest part of creating this outfit was figuring out how to finish the neckline/collar. I decided to add a hood, since it has been cold where he lives. My favorite personal touch was adding my personalized labels - a Christmas gift from my daughters.
I mailed the finished outfit to my daughter and these are the photos she took of him in his new movie inspired clothes:



Did you see this movie?  More importantly, have you read these books?  Honestly, I read more books than I watch movies. I like to document my reading on Goodreads where I always add an extremely honest review...I'm sure authors & publishers just love that about me.   Last year, I read 88 books and attended 3 movies, one of which was Catching Fire. 

xoxo Grandma

No comments: