Monday, April 14, 2014

Refashioned Turtleneck

While going through my closet, I found this grey, short sleeve turtleneck top that I hardly ever wear.  It's a short sleeve top which means one would wear it in the spring or summer, but since it's a turtleneck I would get much too hot in it in the summer.  Turtlenecks need to be worn in the winter....right? See, tricky situation here. So, I had to do something about it.

First step was to unpick the turtleneck off that shirt.  Then I cut the front neckline into a modest, comfortable scoop.  Using the removed turtleneck fabric, I cut a couple of stripes on the bias to make some seam tape. I took out the rushing from the side seams because a woman my age does not need any more inches at my waist.  Then I added some seam tape to the sleeves to keep the hem from flaring up.  Once all that was done, I now had a shirt I can wear comfortably!

I love that I'm finally brave enough to refashion things for myself. It feels good to be thrifty!

No comments: