Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Refashioned Pillowcases

I refashioned two identical pillowcases, one as a dress and the other as a skirt.  The skirt was super simple.  Now, where are my granddaughters now that the skirt and sundress are finished?  I think I need to book a trip to see one of them... if only I had more vacation time - sigh!

Have you tried either of these sewing projects?  When I first saw this skirt on Pinterest, I knew I had to try this because I recognized that pillowcase, I had two folded in my linen closet. When I went to the website, I wasn't impressed! There wasn't a tutorial on how to make this, so I had to figure it out on my own. Last week, I found a video tutorial on how to make this kind of skirt.  Simple Simon and Company called this a paperbag skirt.  

I'm excited because this Thursday evening, I'm planning on going to the sew-along to help make skirts for girl's who are in foster care. If you're interested in joining me, you can find all the details HERE - doesn't this sounds like fun?  -  xoxo Grandma

No comments: