Sunday, September 7, 2014

This Outfit Takes the Cake


Name your favorite 1980's cartoon!  Ready, go! I bet you all have your favorite. Do I remember 1980's cartoons?  You bet I do!  Although I didn't watch as many Saturday morning cartoons as my children did, I still admit I watched a few as I fixed breakfast.  My favorites were the Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake.  




Project Run and Play just launched Season 10. The first week's theme is "1980's cartoon inspired." So, here's what I created with Strawberry Shortcake in mind.  Using Strawberry Shortcake's friend Raspberry Torte as inspiration, I sewed a pink and raspberry floral skirt onto a white knit bodice. Since all the characters from this cartoon had stripped leggings this outfit needed some too.


To make those leggings, I refashioned some pink and white stripped leggings by removing a solid pink band and inserting stretch lace into the bottom of the leggings. To top off the look, I used THIS free pattern to make a coordinating floral baseball hat with bright pink and white accents. If you recall, Strawberry Shortcake and her friends always wore hats but I wanted a hat that was more contemporary instead of a 1700's night cap or a visor style from the 1980's.


Yup, I guess you could say this outfit takes the cake! At least this three-year-old liked all the pink...YEA!    xoxo Grandma
Linked to: Nap-time Creations, Lou Lou Girls, Project Run and Play

No comments: