I discovered that all my doll loving friends thought they were too cute. Since most of these friends don't sew, I made a bunch of these cute little felt stockings for their dolls.
If you sew, you'll want to download this Free Pattern to make your own doll sized Christmas stockings for all your doll loving friends. Remember to download this pattern "full size" then have fun creating these little stockings for a doll or even to decorate a Christmas tree. Don't want to make one? You can find this cute stocking here.
- Red felt
- White felt
- Star buttons (for the tree stocking)
- White, orange and brown thread
- Cut out felt using the pattern.
- Machine stitch the top to the stocking. Machine stitch the mini snowman or tree to the stocking using an embroidery stitch.
- Sew rick rack along the bottom of the white stocking top.
- Add 2 1/2" of ribbon by folding the ribbon in half and tucking under the raw edges before sewing next to the top left corner of the stocking.
- Hand embroider the details onto the snowman. (Nose, Eyes and stick hands.) If you embroidered the tree, just sew a star button onto the top of the tree and with brown thread add a trunk about 1/4" wide.
- Pin the stockings together and sew 1/4" from the edge with a contrasting thread color.
When you're finished with step #6, your stocking should look like this:
or this if you added a tree to the stocking:
Now, even if you're not, your doll should be ready for Christmas morning.