Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Knitting & Sewing Lovers Books


Since I broke my arm last month, I haven't been able to sew or even craft much. But I have read a ton!  Reading is one of my other life passions... right up there with sewing! So, I thought I'd share with you a few of the books I've read that have a knitting or sewing theme.
Extra Yarn by Mac Barnett
Annabelle finds a box filled with every color of yarn.  You'll enjoy seeing everything she knits with her yarn until an archduke gets a hold of the magic box.  This is a darling and well illustrated Caldecott Honor book.


Fanny by Holly Hobbie
I loved this wonderfully illustrated children's book about a little spunky girl named Fanny who wants a Connie doll like her friends but her mother says, "No." So Fanny takes matters into her own hands and sews herself a doll.


The Canada Geese Quilt by Natalie Kinsey-Warnock
This is a perfect book for a 7-10 year old to read.  It's a tender story about a girl, named Ariel, who likes to draw and a grandmother who likes to make quilts.


Last Wool and Testament by Molly MacRae
Kath arrives in Blue Plum, Tennessee at the end of her grandmother's funeral. She is the sole survivor of her estate which includes a fiber and fabric shop called The Weaver's Cat.  Sadly, she discovers something's amiss with her grandmother's estate, mainly that her grandmother is considered a suspect in a murder.  This is a light murder mystery with twists and turns and humor along the way. 



Pleating for Mercy by Melissa Boubon
Harlow moves from Manhattan, New York back to her home town of Bliss, Texas after her great grandmother passes away. She inherits her great grandmother's home and turns this farm-house into a custom dressmaking boutique. Harlow was cut out to be a seamstresses and fashion designer but definitely not a detective. This was an enjoyable, light murder mystery. The sewing tips at the end of the novel were a delightful discovery.

Hope you enjoy this reading list too! Let me know if you've read any of these and what you think.

If you like reading as much as I do, you might also like these posts:
HERE
HERE

No comments: