Do you know a child that loves to dance and likes to play with dolls? If so, this doll sized dance bag is a fun and quick project to make for that child. An added bonus is you've probably got all the supplies you'll need to make it right in your scrap pile.
- 1 Fabric name tag: 3 1/2" x 1 3/8"
- 2 Front and 2 back: 4) 3 7/8" x 4 1/2"
- Sides: 2) 1 3/4" x 14 1/4"
- Strap: 20" of single fold bias tape or 10" of double fold bias tape.
- 1 heart shaped button
1. Sew or hand embroider "I ...... dancing" onto the tag.
2. Sew tag to the center of the front using a narrow zig zag stitch.
3. This is the stitch width and length that I use on my machine.
4. Sew back to side then sew front to side. As you sew, clip a small notch at each corner.
5. Clip all corner of the bag. Sew the heart button onto the name tag.
6. Repeat step 4 & 5 for the bag's lining.
7. The bag will look like this.
8. Sew the bias tape together. Topstitch close to the straps edges.
10. Pin the bag and the lining together, matching seams.
11. Sew the bag to the lining leaving an opening in one of the sides to turn the bag. Turn the bag and iron the top of the bag.
12. Top stitch along the top of the bag.
Pin the opening together and either hand sew or sew close to the edge using a machine (not pictured).
Your doll sized dance bag should be finished. Enjoy this simple project! xoxo Grandma