Friday, October 25, 2013

Felt Food Bag


My two-and-a-half year-old granddaughter loves to pretend she's eating. So, for part of her Christmas gift, I've been making her felt food. There are a bunch of felt food patterns out there and if you want to see where I found all the patterns, you can check out my Pinterest board called "Felt Food".


After I finished making orange slices, donuts, ice cream cones, Swiss cheese, strawberries, bananas, carrots, and her favorite cookies (to see the cookies go to this post), I decided she needed something to keep all her food in one place, thus the creation of this "FOOD" bag. It's a simple rectangular red and white checked bag (the fabric reminded me of a picnic blanket) with a black ribbon drawstring. The front of the bag features a slice of watermelon with two leaves and the word "FOOD," which were machine appliqued onto the bag. The leaves are silk leaves leftover from a daughter's wedding, and were machine stitched onto the bag. The leaves are velvety feeling and add texture to the design.

On Wednesday, this bag of play food left on a plane with my son, who flew home for a few days for a friend's wedding. He asked if he could give this bag to his daughter when he got home. He thinks she'll really like this gift. I told him he could - I really don't think I can waituntil Christmas for her to enjoy this gift either.  xoxo Grandma

No comments: