Monday, November 4, 2013

$1.00 Knit Hat

This quick knit hat refashion only cost $1.00 and it was really fun to create!  The knit hat was purchased at my local dollar store, and after seeing it, I knew exactly what I was going to do to it.

Last year, I pinned this idea from The Life of a Cheap Chickadee.  She made this hat refashion look so easy. I changed it up a little though, and didn't cut off the edge of the hat thus requiring it's edge to be sewn. Now, my version is even easier! I already had the lace flower made and used a left over piece of black seam binding for one of the flowers, I cut it into shape and burned the edges to keep it from raveling.  The other flower was made out of a  piece of striped ribbon, I simply gathered the edges and surged the seams together. 

Plan about 1 hour for this $1.00 project.  This would make a great gift for a friend or granddaughter.

Here's my tutorial:





The hardest part of this project was taking a photo of myself in my refashioned hat!
Let me know if you try this technique. For more fun project ideas go to this site, or here.

Happy hat decorating!  xoxo Grandma

No comments: