Friday, February 13, 2015

2 Shirts & 1 Skirt = a Dress - a Easy Refashion


If you read my last post, you know it was Kids Clothes Week this past week. I'm so glad I participated, because I got a ton done! 

In addition to the leggings I showed you here, here is another project I was able to complete for Kids Clothes Week: a toddler dress refashioned from two shirts and one skirt.  This is one of the easiest refashions I've ever put together! As I was rummaging through my stack of stuff to refashion, I came across two shirts and one skirt that coordinated. I love the happy peach and pink colors mixed with the white in the Gap shirt. It makes me feel like spring is almost here.

If you'd like to refashion a shirt or two along with a skirt then read along to learn how you can do it too.  

First, I cut off three inches from the bottom of the floral top.  Then I cut off the bottom part of from the second shirt.  


Next, I cut a piece from the white skirt 1 1/2 inches shorter than the shirt bottom and the same width as the shirt bottom. (Of course, I saved the rest of that skirt for another project.)


Now, line-up the shorter fabric (skirt) onto the wider fabric (shirt) and run a gathering stitch through both layers.  Gather the fabric and pin onto the floral top.  Sew through all layers and voila-- your dress is completed!  The best part of this project was that in less than an hour I had a cute new dress to ship off to a granddaughter.  If you try this, let me know.   Okay?   xoxo Grandma

No comments: