Doesn't this little guy look so dapper in his bow tie?! It is the cutest little bow tie and it's so easy to make. I promise, it'll take under an hour to complete. All you need is a little scrap of fabric.
- Fabric: cut per below.
1) 13 1/2" x 1 3/4" - Neckband
2) 4" x 6 1/2" - Bow tie
1) 1 3/4" x 2 1/2" - Center of the bow tie
1. Add a safety pin to the ends of all the cut pieces. For the neckband, add a safety pin to both ends.
2. With right sides together, fold the pieces in half and sew using 1/4" seam allowance. Leave the ends open to turn. For the neckband, sew the small ends and leave the opening in the center.
3. Once sewn, all the pieces will look like this. Turn all the pieces and iron them flat.
4. Mark with a pin, the middle of the bow tie pieces.
5. Fold the ends toward the center of the bow and with a zig zag stitch, sew down the middle of both bow ties.
6. Find the center of the neckband and mark with a pin.
7. Stack the bow ties one on top of another. Wrap the center piece around the bows and neckband and pin.
8. Tuck one raw edge on the center piece under an edge that has been folded under about 1/4" Hand sew the two edges together making sure you stitch a few times through the neckband.
9. Sew 1.25" of Velcro loops on one side of the neckband. Sew 3/4" of hooks onto the opposite side of the neckband.
Only 9 steps and your bow tie is complete. I told you it was easy! Make that little boy in your life handsome in a classy, new bow tie. xoxo Grandma