"Little Miss Muffet
Sat on a tuffet,
Eating her curds and whey;
Along came a spider,
Who sat down beside her,
And frightened Miss Muffet away."
- Mother Goose
To create this costume, I used vintage pattern McCall's #9270.
This pattern is perfect for a toddler's costume and the best part of this costume is the dress can be worn later by your toddler as a normal dress.
For instruction on how to make the moppet hat, please go to this post.
For the apron, I sewed together lace, netting and ribbon to make a rectangular pocket. Once the pocket was finished, I sewed it onto the lower right side of the apron.
This pocket is the perfect size to fit a soft, little pom pom pet spider into.
How to make this pet spider for Miss Muffet's pocket follow the directions below:
- 2 extra large 3 inch black pom poms
- 1 .28 inch orange Pom Pom
- 2 wobbly eyes
- 2 black pipe cleaners
- clear elastic thread
- hot glue bun
2. Glue the eyes onto the head about 1/4" apart.
3. Glue the orange pom pom onto the head right below the center of the eyes.
4. Cut the black pipe cleaners into 3" lengths and glue them onto the body of the pet spider.
5. Bend the pipe cleaners so they look like feet.
Optional - add clear elastic cording around the neck of the spider and add a slip knot to fit around Little Miss Muffet's wrist so she doesn't lose her little friend.
Please join me tomorrow as I share with you a free pdf downloadable pattern to make this child sized spider costume. xoxo Grandma
Shared at: Project Run and Play