Thursday, May 29, 2014

Make Doll Sized Sandals - 4 Tutorials


What's your favorite thing to wear in the summertime? Mine is sandals. There's nothing quite like ditching socks for a few months and sporting a pair of cute sandals to keep yourself cool during those hot summer days. Your little girl may even want a pair (or four) for her doll too. 

She's in luck, because I have four tutorials for you on how to make your doll fashionable this summer in unique sandals. They are fun, inexpensive and easy to make. 

Supplies Needed:
  • Sheet of foam, I used 2mm thick, 9" x 12" (cost was 69 cents - I got three sets of soles from this sheet).
  • Hot glue gun
  • Glue sticks
  • Hair elastics
  • Ribbon
  • Braid, I used Simplicity #1890581, white ($2.99 - I got four sets of sandals from the roll).
Let's get started: 

First, trace your doll's feet onto a piece of paper.  Now, cut the paper out about 1/8" larger than the traced foot pattern.  Trace your pattern onto the foam and start cutting out. You'll need at least two pieces of foam per pair of shoes.  Below you'll find four variations of the summer sandals I created.  As you create your sandals, make sure you make one sandal the opposite direction of the other, since your doll has a right and left foot too. 

At the bottom of this post is a link to download these tutorials, so it'll be easier to follow these steps as you make your sandals.

Pink Sandals:
Yellow Sandals:
Blue Braided Sandals:
Here are the downloadable tutorials:  Pink SandalsYellow Sandals, Blue Sandals, Orange Sandals

I hope you have as much fun making your doll sandals as I did. Now your doll is all ready for summer!

- xoxo Grandma

Linked: Nap-time Creations, Threading My Way

No comments: