Thursday, July 23, 2015

How to Make a Ballerina Pinata


This past week I've had more grandchildren visiting my house. One of them was about to turn the fun age of four. To celebrate, she requested a ballerina birthday party with a ballerina piñata.  

Let me tell you, I had no idea this little request from a four year old would be such a stressful project! I searched high and low for a ballerina piñata, but I couldn't find one anywhere, not even on the internet. The closest girl looking pinata I could find was a fairy piñata. So, voila! Being a resourceful woman, I turned that fairy pinata into a ballerina.  If you have someone that loves ballet, you'll appreciate this tutorial.
  • Girl looking pinata (I used a fairy piñata)
  • 6-10 feet of netting or tulle
  • Thread
  • Scissors
  • Craft glue
  • Needle

1.  Cut off the fairy wings using sharp scissors.
2.  Cut the dress up to the tops of the piñata's legs.  Trim any excess tissue paper to form the piñata's leotard.


3.  Add a lot of glue to the upper leg area of the piñata.
4.  Press the cut leotard tissue paper into the glue.
5.  Let glue dry.


6.  Sew several layers of netting together using a gathering stitch along the top of the netting.
7.  Pull the gathering stitch to create a tutu skirt.
8.  Tie the threads together in the back of the skirt to the piñata.


Doesn't that sound so easy?  




Now, to top it off, fill your pinata with treats or prizes, get a blindfold, grab a stick or plastic baseball bat and have fun!  xoxo Grandma

No comments: