Monday, March 28, 2016

Something's Cooking Chef Set for an 18" Doll



To celebrate the birth of my newest granddaughter, today only - March 28, 2016, I'm offering my newest 18" doll pdf pattern called Something's Cooking Chef Set free. The set includes the chef's hat, a mitt that really fits onto the doll's hand and a custom designed apron that's reversible.  To get this free pattern please leave a comment below and keep reading. 

This pattern offers four different views.  The first is the basic pattern, shown above, where I used San Francisco Giants ribbon because, hey... it's spring training.




 
View 2 shows the addition of a ruffle and a simple applique sewn onto one side of the apron.


View 3 features decorative ribbon sewn above the ruffle.
 

View 4 has a pop of color added by sewing piping right above the ruffle.
 
I love how versatile this pattern is and how tiny pieces of trim and fabric can be sewn together for unique looks to fit anyone's taste. Once you're done sewing this apron, both sides are completely finished so you'll have a reversible apron. How fun is that?  
 
This pattern is now available at my Etsy shop here for only $3.00. Don't want to take the time to sew your own.  As soon as I get back from helping with this darling baby, I'll have a few for sale on my Etsy shop too. If you missed getting this pattern for free, please consider signing up and following my xoxo Grandma blog because you won't want to miss out on getting my next free pattern I'm working on.  Would you?  Let me know if you're making this for your own doll or a loved one's doll.  
-xoxo Grandma

5 comments:

mof5blessings said...

I think this is an adorable and versatile pattern.

Unknown said...

Both of my granddaughters would love this - they both cook.

Unknown said...

My granddaughters would love these for their dolls.

Darryl said...

Learning to sew and my daughter who is learning to cook would love this set for her doll! Thank you

Unknown said...

Am I too late? Just found it looking for free patterns to sew for my 7th granddaughter. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration.