Thursday, April 17, 2014

Lace Decorated Baby Shoes

I have another granddaughter due to arrive in May.  After I made this lace embellished dress for her, I decided it would look so cute if she had shoes to coordinate with her dress. 

I found these newborn, soft sole shoes at Hobby Lobby.  Next, I dug through my lace to find a few scraps that would coordinate with this dress.  After pinning the lace onto the shoes, I flipped on my television and watched a couple of shows while I hand stitched the lace onto the shoes.  Sometimes crafting calls for some cheesy shows to help pass the time.

My final step was to use white embroidery thread to sew the pearl beads onto the straps. 


I think these little shoes turned out so sweet!  The total project time was around 1 1/2 hours.
To see these shoes on my granddaughter, go to THIS post.  xoxo Grandma  


No comments: