Monday, November 2, 2015

Make a Chic Multi Strand Bracelet

Anyone here like nice jewelry, but don't want to pay an arm and a leg to buy it? I'm raising my hand over here!  Well, I saw a bracelet for $140 that looks a lot like the one I just created. The instant I saw it, I knew it was an accessory I wanted to create myself.  If you like the chic look of this multi-strand bracelet, then keep on reading. I'll show you how to make your own bracelet for a fraction of the cost.

Supplies needed: 
  • Leather pieces, cut 2 pieces 2" x 1 1/4"  (I used scraps leftover from making "Warm Lined Baby Booties". To get your leather for a great price see this post.)
  • Needle
  • Embroidery Thread
  • Beads
  • Leather Cording
  • 1 button
  • 2 or 3 different beads, 6 mm

1.  Fold the leather pieces in half, width wise.  Measure for hole placements, 1/8" in and 1/4" apart. Push a heavy needle through both layers of leather. Now thread the needle with six strands of embroidery floss.  Attach the floss by making a slip knot at the end of the leather.  


2.  Add one bead onto the floss then tie a knot as close to the bead as possible.  Pull the thread tight.

3.  Keep adding beads until your strand of beads is at least 5" long.  (These strands should go a little more than half way around your wrist.)

4.  Sew a button onto the back side of of one of the leather pieces.

5.  Cut two small slits in the leather and attach 8" of leather cording into the slits.  Tie the cording into a knot at the base and again 5/8" up.  (See the bottom title photo.)

Enjoy your chic multi strand bracelet! You'll look like a million bucks wearing it! xoxo Grandma

*I've added some of these chic bracelets to my Etsy shop, just in case you don't want to make your own and they are reasonably priced too.  

No comments: