Monday, March 21, 2016

Green Floral Romper - a Refashion



Time to bring on Spring fashion! The dress on the left met up with my seam ripper because it's time to show you another refashion. For this refashion, I used the free pattern from Elephants and Elegance called the pleated playsuit.  From the original dress, I kept the smocked waistline and the pretty ruffled front.  And let me tell you, I had barely enough fabric from this dress to make a toddler playsuit or as my daughter calls these little outfits, "rompers".



For the shoulder ties, I used the green sashes and a little more of this fabric was used to fill in the low front...can't having a toddle revealing her chunky chest! Then I took off the pearlized buttons and re-positioned them evenly back onto the front.


When I first made this sunsuit, the legs were a bit long but now they fit her perfectly.





Everywhere this little red head goes in a sea of black hair, she's usually surrounded by people wanting to take her picture.  I've wondered what her life will be like when she comes back to the states.  She's just a cute little red head that tans.  xoxo Grandma

If you like rompers, see these additional posts:

No comments: