Today is day 3 of refashioning dollar store finds into doll clothes. Grab those knee high socks and let me show you how easy they are to make into leggings for an 18" doll.
- Start with one pair of knee high socks - turn them wrong side out.
- Cut off the heels from both socks. See the photo above.
- Cut off the green toe from both socks and save these for tomorrow's project. See the photo below.
4. From the top of the sock, cut 4 1/2" through each sock. This is going to be the crotch of the leggings.
6. Pin the socks together along the cut edge. Make sure the top bands line up perfectly.
7. Either by hand or with a sewing machine, sew the crotch together. (FYI my sewing machine died & I'm trying to decide which machine I want to purchase. So I'm doing everything by hand for a while until I make that new purchase. Share with me in the comment area, your favorite sewing machine....please!)
8. Try the leggings on your doll.
9. Turn up the hem. Mark the bottom of the hem with a pin.
10. Either with a sewing machine or by hand, sew the hem of the leggings to the leggings. Turn the leggings right side out.
Try your new $1.00 Christmas leggings onto your doll. Wasn't that just SEW EASY?
- Little Miss Santa Outfit from 2 Christmas hats go HERE
- Sweater Dress from thermal socks go HERE
- Leggings from knee high socks go HERE
- Elf Outfit from a Christmas stocking go HERE
- Doll sleeping bag from a chair cushion & tea towel go HERE
- Shorts from shirt sleeves go HERE
- Skirt & scarf from a scarf go HERE
- Party dress using a sequin headband go HERE
- Night Gown from a baby fleece blanket go HERE
- Jacket from a fleece scarf go HERE